There are a number of different scientific questions we might tackle and approaches we might take. For example:
- Find out everything we can on ApoL1, SRA and TgSGP. Recent research shows baboon ApoL1 kills T. brucei.
- Find out everything we can on the mysterious ESAGs.
- Maintain / expand information on Wikipedia. Is there a need for a co-ordinated effort on this?
- Explore Wikidata as a means for working together and sharing information.
- Explore whether there is a scientific need for protein-folding prediction to be carried out, and whether we can devise and build a tool (a game?) for volunteers to contribute their time and their
processing power to achieving it.
- Explore whether there is a scientific need for lead compound identification by computational chemistry (predicting compound-target interactions) and whether we can devise and build a tool (a
game?) for volunteers to do it.
- Identify what phylogenetic analyses would be helpful, and whether we can devise and build a tool/game for volunteers to do them.
Please take a look at the list of potential data sources, drug targets and project ideas and add your own comments, suggestions or information on our wiki pages on the Open Science Framework: https://osf.io/brgt4/ .